The Promotion of Human Rights Culture Committee is concerned with spreading the culture of human rights and consolidating its values, and organising courses, education programs, and seminars. It undertakes the following:
1. Participation with the competent authorities and entities in developing a national action plan for the promotion and protection of human rights in the country, or any plans concerned with competence, and suggesting a mechanism for its implementation.
2. Lay out plans concerned with spreading the culture of human rights and raising awareness among members of society, including seminars, conferences, and discussion panels related to human rights, and following up on their implementation.
3. Presenting proposals, recommendations, and advice to the competent authorities and entities in the field of promoting and following up.
4. Following up on the achievement of the objectives included in international charters, covenants, and agreements related to the field of competence to which the country is a party.
5. Expressing an opinion on the national reports submitted by the country to international organisations concerned with issues of promoting a culture of human rights in coordination with the International Relations and Non-Governmental Organisations Committee.
6. Supervising the process of issuing pamphlets, publications, statements, and reports related to the dissemination of human rights culture and activities in coordination with the concerned committees.
7. Contribution to the preparation of the annual report submitted by the NHRI on the human rights situation in the country, according to the specialization.
8. Following up and coordinating with the International Relations and Non-Governmental Organisations Committee to respond to the observations received by the country from international organisations in the field of competence.
10. Participation with the Complaints, Monitoring, and Field Visits Committee in the procedures concerned with complaints, monitoring of violations or abuses, and field visits in the field of competence.
11. Submit proposals to the competent authorities to ensure the harmonization of legislation and laws related to the educational aspect of human rights in coordination with the Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee.
12. Participation in local events and regional and international forums concerned with the field of competence.