The International Relations and Non-Governmental Organisations Committee is concerned with strengthening correlation with local regional and international organisations in the field of human rights, and it undertakes the following:
1. Participation with the competent authorities and entities in developing a national action plan for the promotion and protection of human rights in the country, or any plans concerned with competence, and suggesting a mechanism for the implementation.
2. Presenting proposals, recommendations, and advice to the competent authorities and entities in the field of international relations and non-governmental organisations, and following up.
3. Following up on achieving the objectives included in international charters, covenants, and agreements related to the field of competence to which the country is a party.
4. Following up and coordinating with the competent authorities to respond to the observations received by the country from international organisations in the field of human rights, in coordination with the relevant committees.
5. Strengthening cooperation with international organisations and national human rights institutions in other countries in coordination with the relevant committees.
6. Expressing an opinion on the national reports submitted by the country to international organisations concerned with human rights issues, in coordination with the concerned committees.
7. Participation in local events, and regional and international forums concerned with human rights.
8. Strengthening cooperation with United Nations human rights bodies and mechanisms through reports and participation in coordination with the relevant committees.
9. Present proposals and recommendations to join international and regional conventions on human rights in coordination with the relevant committees.
10. Participating in the proposals of awareness programs in the field of international relations and non-governmental organisations, in coordination with the Committee for the Promotion of Human Rights Culture.
11. Contributing to the preparation of the annual report submitted by the NHRI on the human rights situation in the country.
12. Participation with the Complaints, Monitoring, and Field Visits Committee in the procedures concerned with complaints, monitoring of violations or abuses, and field visits in the field of competence.
13. Enhancing cooperation with NGOs through reports and participation in coordination with the concerned committees.
14. Presenting proposals and organising local, regional, and international events in coordination with the Committee for the Promotion of Human Rights Culture.
15. Any other competencies referred to the committee by the chairperson, deputy chairperson, or board members.