The Civil and Political Rights Committee is concerned with everything that promotes, develops, and protects civil and political human rights, and undertakes the following:
1. Participation with the competent authorities and entities in developing a national action plan for the promotion and protection of human rights in the country, or any plans concerned with civil and political rights, and proposing a mechanism for its implementation.
2. Submit proposals, recommendations, and advice to the competent authorities and entities in the field of civil and political rights and follow up.
3. Following up on achieving the goals set out in international charters, covenants, and agreements related to civil and political rights, to which the country is a party.
4. Submitting suggestions to the competent authorities about the appropriateness of legislation and laws related to the practices of civil and political rights to international charters, covenants, and agreements to which the country is a party, and following up in cooperation with the Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee.
5. Expressing an opinion on the national reports that are submitted by the country to international organisations concerned with civil and political rights issues, in coordination with the International Relations and Non-Governmental Organisations Committee.
6. Participation in local events, and regional and international forums concerned with the field of competence.
7. Participation in proposals for awareness programs in civil and political rights, in coordination with the Committee for the Promotion of Human Rights Culture.
8. Contribution to the preparation of the annual report submitted by the NHRI on the conditions of civil and political rights in the country.
9. Following up and coordinating with the International Relations and Non-Governmental Organisations Committee to respond to the observations received by the country from international organisations in the field of civil and political rights.
10. Participation with the Complaints, Monitoring, and Field Visits Committee in the procedures concerned with complaints, monitoring of violations or abuses, and field visits in the field of competence.
11. Any other competencies are referred to the committee by the chairperson, deputy chairperson, or board members.